[Zope-dev] C-extension in zope.i18nmessageid

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Fri Dec 12 12:16:43 EST 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 17:01, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
> On Dec 12, 2008, at 6:28 AM, Malthe Borch wrote:
>> I've branched out this package and removed the C-extension. It's not
>> documented in the package why a C-extension is needed or
>> alternatively,
>> what it benefits.
>>
>> If there are no objections, I will merge this into trunk shortly.
>
> I object. Please drop it.

I object as well, and have asked for Malthe to provide his reasoning
here at the Plone Performance Sprint in Bristol, but so far his only
motivation is that he wants to see if he can get this to work without
a C-extension. I am sceptical he'll be able to, and am not convinced
it'll be worth introducing risks.

--
Martijn Pieters