[Zope-dev] Deprecate ITerms in zope.app.form? [Re: zope.browser?]

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Dec 16 14:27:34 EST 2008

Christian Zagrodnick wrote:
[snip]
> Nope. http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2007-August/023223.html

Weird. At first glance I do not understand the context of that decision.
  There was a decision to "avoid deprecation" made by it doesn't seem to
be motivated in the discussion:

"- zope.app.component.interfaces then can import ISite from the new
place to avoid deprectation."

You're saying, I think, that we should do the same thing as in that
discussion to avoid deprecation too. But I cannot find a reason to avoid
  deprecation in the original discussion. Could you elaborate on your
thinking?

I'm hoping to soon go through quite a few packages and deprecate lots of
stuff by moving it into other packages to try to tidy up the dependency
structure. If there are important arguments against deprecation warnings
I'd like to understand the background.

Regards,

Martijn