[Zope-dev] Zope 3.4.0 candidate 1 Released

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Fri Feb 1 11:06:48 EST 2008

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Friday 01 February 2008, Chris McDonough wrote:
>> If there will continue to be a release schedule for "Zope 3, the appserver"
>> It would reduce confusion to new users greatly to give the appserver
>> release a name other than Zope.
>
> Well, we had to do the classic Zope 3 release at least one more time. Because
> the official story is still: Download the Zope 3.3 tar ball and start using
> it. We have to use at least one release to tell people that we are going to
> change the process and allow them still both methods.

Of course.

> I also think that we have no solid story and/or documentation to promote the
> new approach. My hope is that the story and documentation will develop during
> the next release cycles.
>
> All I am doing is doing something about a pretty pathetic situation. I took
> the least oath of resistance.

Heh.  You're doing yeoman's work.

> And I am particularly tired of name change suggestions! For many reasons.

I figured it wouldn't be a popular suggestion.  But I do believe it is the right
thing.  It would have been the right thing from the start, but there is still
time to repair things.

I typed four more paragraphs full of markety stuff here but deleted them.  It's
not useful.  If no one else thinks it's a good idea, I'm not going to push either.

- C