[Zope-dev] Zope3 server control machinery is untested

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Feb 19 06:43:20 EST 2008

This only applies to Zope3 developers and people using the Zope 3 ZMI.

I'm trying to get rid of ThreadedAsync.  zope.app.server uses it to
cause the asyncore main loop to stop as part of the server-control
functionality.

There are no tests for this afaict. Trying this throigh the web,
shutdown seems to work, but not restart.  (It looks like restart
doesn't work because the exit status os only used to exit the loop. It
isn't used in the call to sys.exit.)

I propose, at least, to remove this untested functionality from
zope.app.server.

I'd be for removing it from zope.app.twisted, if it is there, and for
removing the UI from zope.app.applicationcontrol.

Thoughts?

JIm

--
Jim Fulton