[Zope-dev] Re: buildout 'versions' and 'develop' conflict

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Tue Feb 26 09:38:48 EST 2008

Martijn Faassen a écrit :
> (...)

I think the term 'develop' is badly chosen. You are right if you argue while
having the meaning of 'develop' in mind. You are explaining what you think a
'develop' option should be. A 'develop' option means: "I want to 'develop' on
this package, so I want it active, otherwise I don't put 'develop'".

But probably the feature has been created before the name 'develop' was chosen,
and it should have an other name ('egg_path'? 'local_egg'?).
However something has to be done because some people find it not logical, some
other people will probably have headaches with it.

The two easiest choices are 1) issue a clear warning in stderr, or 2) rename
'develop' to something else.

Christophe