[Zope-dev] zope2 webdav memory usage...

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Jan 13 07:49:14 EST 2008

Jim Fulton wrote at 2008-1-11 18:20 -0500:
>BTW, in situations in which you don't know which objects to
>deactivate, an alternative is to call cacheGC on the connection
>frequently.  This is fairly inexpensive and incremental.

But, it can kill volatile variables as well -- which may
lead to trouble, until we have implemented something like
"Garanteed lifetime for volatile variables".

Current potential trouble includes:

  *  inconsistent transactions in relational databases
     (as "_v_" variables are used to hold the database connection)

  *  broken Archetypes copy/move code
     (as "_v_" variables are used to communicate with
     'manage_afterAdd/beforeDelete further down the tree)

--
Dieter