[Zope-dev] Zope 3 without ZODB

Jim Washington jwashin at vt.edu
Tue Jan 15 13:27:17 EST 2008

David Pratt wrote:
> Hi Chris. I was scanning the lists looking for posts similar to this.
> Were you successful in getting something like this to work? Anyone
> else document anything like this?
>
> I wrote a different main.py at some point about a year or so ago so
> both twisted clients and servers to could be started up using schemas
> for zconfig but am looking at possibilities without and with other non
> ZODB backends. I see Philip provided some clues for a mixin that could
> be used to glue the publisher's traversal mechanism together with an
> alternative storage.  Many thanks.
>
> Regards,
> David
I, too, am interested in this.

I'm taking a hard look at Sedna, http://modis.ispras.ru/sedna/ , a
multi-user XML database, which seems to fit my brain and my current
xml-ish bent a bit better than ZODB or rdb.

The python modules advertised don't work reliably enough for me, though
I have hacked together a protocol module that works to my satisfaction
so far.  If anyone wants to play with it, I'll throw it into the zif
collective on Sourceforge.  I'm thinking it may be possible to do an
elementtree (with full XPath!) interface to Sedna.

Anyway, Chris, any pointers on interfaces and configuration would be
very much appreciated.

-Jim Washington