[Zope-dev] Re: AW: zope.viewlet 3.4.1 release broken

Christian Zagrodnick cz at gocept.com
Thu Jan 24 11:23:11 EST 2008

On 2008-01-24 17:11:32 +0100, "Roger Ineichen" <dev at projekt01.ch> said:

> Hi Christian
>
>> Betreff: [Zope-dev] zope.viewlet 3.4.1 release broken
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> the release of zope.viewlet 3.4.1 on pypi is missing the data
>> files (like .txt and .zcml), hence it is unusable. Also the
>> date in the CHANGES is wrong (2007 should be 2008)
>
> No it doesn't miss the data. Your linux is just not able to
> extract them. It works on windows box.

Interesting. So still the package would be broken for most users. I'm
using Mac OS btw.

>> Roger, it is good that you do releases, but could to please
>> take take of making them proper?
>
> Probably you know already. That's a (linux) bug in the python
> tar library. I did nothing wrong. It's just broken if you extract
> the files from the egg. on linux. Everything is build correct.

Could you clearify why the package I built works then? That's the great
mystery I suppose ;)

--
Christian Zagrodnick

gocept gmbh & co. kg  ·  forsterstrasse 29 · 06112 halle/saale
www.gocept.com · fon. +49 345 12298894 · fax. +49 345 12298891