[Zope-dev] Re: AW: zope.viewlet 3.4.1 release broken

Christian Zagrodnick cz at gocept.com
Fri Jan 25 02:36:34 EST 2008

On 2008-01-24 22:28:19 +0100, Marius Gedminas <mgedmin at b4net.lt> said:

>>> Could you clearify why the package I built works then? That's the great
>>> mystery I suppose ;)
>> =20
>> Because UNIX built packages work on UNIX and Windows. But Windows built=
> =20
>> packages only work on Windows.
>
> This email contains the explanation -- it's a bug in distutils/setuptools:
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/distutils-sig/2007-September/008296.html
>
> Note that the latest setuptools release (setuptools 0.6c7) does NOT
> contain the fix.

So let's hope there will be a release which fixes this soon. This is
very disturbing. And meanwhile  we should not make releases on windows,
should we.

--
Christian Zagrodnick

gocept gmbh & co. kg  ·  forsterstrasse 29 · 06112 halle/saale
www.gocept.com · fon. +49 345 12298894 · fax. +49 345 12298891