[Zope-dev] Re: zope.viewlet 3.4.1 release broken

Christian Zagrodnick cz at gocept.com
Fri Jan 25 02:58:22 EST 2008

On 2008-01-24 18:04:44 +0100, Stephan Richter
<srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> said:

> On Thursday 24 January 2008, Christian Zagrodnick wrote:
>> the release of zope.viewlet 3.4.1 on pypi is missing the data files
>> (like .txt and .zcml), hence it is unusable. Also the date in the
>> CHANGES is wrong (2007 should be 2008)
>
> The fact that you noticed this problem this quickly tells me you are not using
> the KGS. I tend to reply to this "tough luck". I will update the KGS as soon
> as I have re-released the packages. Jim has also given me already a
> new "zope-dev" directory already, so we can evolve a new, experimental KGS
> there.
>
> BTW, if you want to use a newer package than the KGS provides, you can always
> use the find-links option and point to the package in PyPI or PPIX directly.

Most component packages do not use the KGS in their buildout, so I
wasn't either.  For production use we pin exact versions actually.

>> Roger, it is good that you do releases, but could to please take take
>> of making them proper?
>
> He did take the care. The problem is a Python bug as Martijn pointed out
> later.

Yeah, actually I wondered how it would be possible to do it wrong ;)

>> BTW Roger, z3c.menu.simple has the same problem of missing data files.
>
> Yes, there are a bunch of packages that have this problem. I am going to
> re-release them all. (In fact, I have already started.)

Good. Thanks!

--
Christian Zagrodnick

gocept gmbh & co. kg  ·  forsterstrasse 29 · 06112 halle/saale
www.gocept.com · fon. +49 345 12298894 · fax. +49 345 12298891