[Zope-dev] Zope3 installation on windows - how?

Hermann Himmelbauer dusty at qwer.tk
Wed Jul 9 07:54:48 EDT 2008

Am Mittwoch, 9. Juli 2008 11:14 schrieb Hermann Himmelbauer:
> Hi,
> I currently try to install Zope3-4.0c1 on a windows machine, without any
> success for now.  What I need is an installation that includes basically
> all packages that are in the tarball into the python path. I tried the
> following:
>
> 1) Tarball: Here, install.py fails due to some compiler problems - it
> suggests to specify "-c mingw32", however, when I do so, install.py
> complains that it does not know this "-c mingw32" option. Something like
> "python install.py build_ext  -cmingw32" works, it seems that all needed
> packages are correctly compiled. When I try a "python install.py install"
> afterwards, it once again complains that it needs mingw32. So I'm stuck.

Ok, thanks to a helpful hint, I was able to solve it. One has to create a
file "pydistutils.py" in a directory, which is specified in an environment
variable "HOME" with the following content:

[build]
compiler=mingw32

Then the "python install.py install" in the tarball worked.

Nevertheless, it would be optimal, if "install.py" is adapted in a way so
that "-c mingw32" works...

Regards,
Hermann

hermann at qwer.tk
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7