[Zope-dev] Zope 3 on Python 2.5, Zope 3 releases

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Fri Jul 11 17:19:49 EDT 2008

On Friday 04 July 2008, Chris Withers wrote:
> Apparently, it's all good to go, even RestrictedPython.
> The thing stopping me is that no-one seems willing and able (in that
> combination, I'm willing but don't have the right c-compiler) to build
> Windows binaries and get them up on PyPI.

Doing Windows binaries is sooooo easy these days, why are you not creating
them?

> I particularly care about:
>
> zope.security

I just uploaded an egg for version 3.5.1.

> zope.component

This package does not contain any C code, so no binary release is required.

> zope.interface

Version 3.4.1 has a binary egg for Windows.

> RestrictedPython

This package does not contain any C code, so no binary release is required.

The least you could have done is to verify whether any of those packages
require binary Windows releases.

Regards,
Stephan
--