[Zope-dev] Zope 3 on Python 2.5, Zope 3 releases

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Jul 15 03:37:20 EDT 2008

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Saturday 12 July 2008, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> Chris wants to do them, he just wants some documentation on how to get
>> started, I suspect.
>
> I use Philipp's blog entry from ages ago:
>
> http://www.z3lab.org/sections/blogs/philipp-weitershausen/2007_07_26_cheap-binary-windows

You see, I've always worried about using mingw32.

I was under the impression that you really wanted to have all the C bits
compiled with the same compiler, and I know that the official Python 2.5
releases aren't compiled with mingw32...

Can someone with definitive knowledge let us know if there can be
problems when some C-extensions are compiled with mingw32 and others
(including python itself!) are compiled with the appropriate microsoft
compiler?

> You also need to get access to the packages on PyPI, which I am happy to give
> to anyone I know.

Great, please give me access to any packages you can...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk