[Zope-dev] No events in zope.annotation

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Jul 15 12:30:34 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I just tried to create a catalog for an annotation and noticed that it does
not get filled. Digging around in the zope.annotation package, I noticed that
the zope.annotation package does not send out any object events. This
sucks. ;-)

Thus I propose:

- Add ObjectCreatedEvent event notification to zope.annotation factory call.

- Add ObjectAddedEvent to attribute annotations __setitem__.

- Add ObjectRemovedEvent to attribute annotations __delitem__.

This would mimic the behavior of the other containers. the downside is that we
have 2 new dependencies, zope.event and zope.lifecycleevent, both of which
are acceptable in my opinion.

Comments? Silence is consent as always.

Regards,
Stephan