[Zope-dev] Re: repoze.bfg

Malthe Borch mborch at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 05:25:01 EDT 2008

Chris McDonough wrote:
> I've been working on a new web framework named (provisionally) repoze.bfg.

This looks very interesting; I'd be curious to see if this could be
useful for Vudo. I'd like it very much if Vudo could sit on top of a
more general framework (not just the Zope 3 libraries).

Early on, the idea was that this could be Grok, but it quickly turned
out that Grok makes too many assumptions for our use.

I recently pasted a basic Pylons application and it gives you something
that I think would be attractive in a Zope/Vudo/Bfg-based setup: A
canonical directory structure, e.g.

./templates
./routers
./config

etc. (can't remember the details)

Perhaps this could benefit the following scenario:

-- Set me up with a new Zope/Vudo/Bfg-application and give me some
starting points.

If Bfg can provide the lower layer, then I think Vudo will be great for
providing the higher layers, e.g.

-- skinning
-- content types and widgets
-- authoring