[Zope-dev] how do you run the zc.buildout test suite?

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Thu Jul 17 15:00:29 EDT 2008

How is zc.buildout meant to have its tests  run?

On Mac OS X, in a checkout from svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zc.buildout/trunk

Doing:

$ python2.4 bootstrap/bootstrap.py
$ bin/buildout

results in:

[chrism at vitaminf-2 zc.buildout]$ bin/buildout
Develop: '/Users/chrism/projects/zc.buildout/zc.recipe.egg_'
Develop: '/Users/chrism/projects/zc.buildout/.'
While:
   Installing.
   Getting section test2.3.
   Initializing part test2.3.
   Getting section python2.3.
Error: The referenced section, 'python2.3', was not defined.

And doing:

$ python2.4 setup.py test -q

gives me a raft of test failures, which leads me to believe the tests weren't
meant to be run this way.

What's the right way to run the test suite?

- C