[Zope-dev] Re: Zope2 porting failure in Products

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Jul 21 04:49:15 EDT 2008

Hey,

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 8:40 AM, ranjith kannikara
<ranjithkannikara at gmail.com> wrote:
> During the porting of Zope2 I have now stuck with a failure in the
> module Products. in the file..
> /home/user-name/ztrunk25/lib/python/Products/Five/browser/tests/aqlegacy.py
>  in line no: 96   assert self.aq_base == self

That's a scary result and means there's something different in the way
acquisition is handled in python 2.5. Sidnei, can you help the
students dig into this one?

[snip]
> I hope the code for this assert (used in line "assert self.aq_base ==
> self" ) is defined for zope and can be fixed with not so much effort.
> Can any one suggest where why these different versions are showing two results.
> Or the file or code segment that does this assertion .

I don't know why there is a different result, but it's important to
find out. Otherwise all sorts of assumptions might be broken! That
said, it's in a module aqlegacy.py, I wonder what the purpose of that
module is.

Regards,

Martijn