[Zope-dev] Re: how many checkin lists?!

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Tue Jul 22 03:45:14 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 07:44 -0400, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Chris Withers wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Just me, or is it excessive that we have:
> >
> > http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-checkins/
>
> This one is obsolete now.

I suggest disabling subscription for that one.

> > http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-checkins/
>
> This one is for Zope 2 only.
>
> > http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/checkins/
>
> This one covers the whole repository.

I personally am fine with a single checkins list. In the last months I
converted to having *all* checkin mails that I receive go to a single
folder and use client-side searching/filtering to find the interesting
parts and get rid of the others.

The old committer guidelines also mention `zope-dev` versus
`zope-coders`. `zope-coders` is pretty much dead by now.

Aside from project-specific lists (zodb-dev, cmf-dev, ...) I think that
`zope-dev` and `checkins` are the two relevant every-day mailinglists.

Christian

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com