[Zope-dev] Re: Running the 3.4 KGS tests: 9 fail, 6 errors

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sun Jul 27 18:16:48 EDT 2008

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Marius Gedminas wrote:
>> I think I'll run the test suite again on a 64-bit Linux machine, for
>> extra fun.  And maybe do that for Python 2.4 as well.
>
> zope.proxy and related modules failed badly under 64 bit Python 2.5
> until I fixed the C code on the trunk 2 weeks ago, however, I don't
> think my changes landed in the KGS.  I also fixed broken tests.  Should
> I backport my changes?  I don't know whether a release is planned soon.

Hey Shane,

thanks for those fixes! I've just made the necessary backports and
tagged the following releases:

zope.proxy 3.4.2
zope.security 3.4.1
zope.security 3.5.2
zope.app.container 3.5.5

I haven't uploaded them to PyPI yet because a) I don't have the rights
to all of them and b) they have extension modules which means we should
simultaneously release Win32 binaries (which I can't). I've therefore
CC'ed Jim, hoping that he could upload the sdist tarballs and the binary
eggs for Windows.

Jim?

Thanks,
Philipp