[Zope-dev] buildbot news: sending notifications and current broken builds

Marius Gedminas mgedmin at b4net.lt
Mon Jun 9 17:41:56 EDT 2008

H!

On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 08:23:40AM +0200, Christian Theune wrote:
> I've watched my buildbot send out notifications for a while and pondered how
> to make them available to more people. I decided to send them to this list on
> a 'problem' level.

+1

> The 'problem' level sends a message when a builder changes from a good state
> to a bad state but doesn't send a new message on subsequent failing builds.

This implies that buildbot keeps the state somewhere.  Then it could
also remember the message ID of the failure message and later, when the
builder changes from a bad state to a good state, send another message,
announcing the end of the failure, with an In-Reply-To header containing
the previous message ID, for proper threading.

That would be lovely.

> For everyone else: please have a look at the list of broken builds:
> http://zopebuildbot.whq.gocept.com/cruise

Nice.

Marius Gedminas
--
Please do not even think about automatically normalizing file names
anywhere. There is absolutely no need for introducing such nonsense, and