[Zope-dev] Re: View component registration

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Jun 18 16:33:47 EDT 2008

Hi there,

Malthe Borch wrote:
[snip]
> I suggest we then register views as components providing
> ``zope.component.IView``; browser views should provide
> ``zope.publisher.interfaces.browser.IBrowserView``.

I think this would improve things, and thanks for bringing this up.

There's one major problem that I see. What's the backwards compatibility
story? I'm sure there are a lot of cases in lots of code where people
look up views with a getMultiAdapter, and if we started registering
views differently, wouldn't that code break? How to we get from A to B?

Regards,

Martijn