[Zope-dev] Re: Extend specification of how to maintain the changelog

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Wed Jun 18 17:02:39 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 10:38:51PM +0200, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> And then I add a feature 'Kwack' or fix a bug 'Dag', where do I add
> them? To the top of the sections or to the bottom? I've noticed people
> do different things there, which sometimes leads to confusion (I might
> look at the bottom to see what new fixes there are, but I should be
> looking at the top for some more).
>
> I myself am in favor of adding these things to the bottom of the
> individual sections, but I can see the argument for adding to the top of
> sections only.
>
> (beyond all this, we should still have the ability to reorganize things
> if it makes sense before the release, it's just basically what happens
> between releases in normal activity that concerns me).

I do not consider stuff within a version do be ordered by a given criterion,
except maybe readability, so during development I tend to add stuff to the
top, because it's easier to reach. Sometimes I add it in the middle because it
seems easier to read.

So, I'm not concerned about the order that people add to those sets.

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com