[Zope-dev] Re: created z3c.saconfig

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Jun 20 07:34:09 EDT 2008

Hermann Himmelbauer wrote:
> Am Freitag, 20. Juni 2008 00:14 schrieb Martijn Faassen:
[snip]
>> This now works against the trunk of zope.sqlalchemy as well, as Laurence
>>   merged my branch. I do think my code currently requires SQLAlchemy
>> 0.5beta1 or higher.
>
> Does it really? Because in the README.txt doctests, there seems to be
> a "session.save()" directive that is AFAIK deprecated by "session.add()".

Interesting, I didn't get any deprecation warnings from SQLAlchemy. I'm
using autocommit=False, and in the 0.4 era that's transactional=True.

[snip]
>> It doesn't offer any user interface code or schemas itself;
>> that's up to the application or framework developer. It's also
>> flexible. Configuration information could be retrieved from any place a
>> developer would like; hardcoded in Python, or the ZODB. I think it
>> wouldn't be hard to write custom utilities that look up configuration in
>> configuration files such as zope.conf or ZCML as well.
>
> In this part, I'd like to have something in the package as well, at least,
> some guidance of how to do this.

As long as it doesn't add a lot of dependencies. The package's
dependencies are pretty small right now, and I tried to keep it that
way. Even though I needed to test setSite() and such, I chose not to
depend on zope.app.component as that pulls in the universe.

Anyway, it could always be done in another package that builds on
z3c.saconfig.

Thanks for the feedback!

Regards,

Martijn