[Zope-dev] Re: zope.sendmail Retry fixes and new state machine.

Benji York benji at zope.com
Mon Mar 10 13:03:19 EDT 2008

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Tres Seaver wrote:
>> I realize I have said this before, but then others keep urging the
>> "doctests everywhere" meme.
>
> Indeed, and for that reason this can't be said enough. Doctests are
> useful to create testable documentation. They are not the right tool to
> create isolated, debuggable tests.

Not everyone agrees with this assertion.  I for one vastly prefer both
to read and write "unity" doctests over classic unit tests.  And as
"doctests everywhere" is the current status quo for just about the
entire code base, I would expect a very convincing argument to be
required to change.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer