[Zope-dev] zope.sendmail Retry fixes and new state machine.

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 13:58:11 EDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Gary Poster <gary at zope.com> wrote:
>  I did have one somewhat trivial thought.  I generally prefer durations
>  and intervals expressed as datetime.timedeltas myself, because they
>  convey their meaning without having to look it up docs (is that number
>  value a number of seconds?  milliseconds?  minutes?).  There might
>  even be a zcml built in for schema field for that; I believe I
>  remember that there is in ZConfig.

ZConfig supports two datatypes for time deltas:

"time-interval" is a number of seconds, provided as a float.  In a
configuration file, a slightly more readable expression is used.  For
example, "4d 3h 2m 1s" means "4 days 3 hours 2 minutes 1 second".

"timedelta" is a datetime.timedelta value.  The syntax in the
configuration file is the same as for time-interval.

Neither allows specifying a negative delta value; they're really about
an interval rather than a delta.  Fortunately, that covers most
configuration uses.

  -Fred