[Zope-dev] Re: zope.interface compatibility question

Felix Schwarz felix.schwarz at web.de
Sat Mar 22 06:00:00 EDT 2008

Andreas Jung schrieb:
> The best thing is: try it out! Since your application has unittests, it
> should be easy to verify the functionality against a new version :-)

The problem is more complicated unfortunately: I want to use z3c.rml which
needs zope.schema, zope.interface and other packages. Fedora currently
ships the old zope.interface (3.0) which seems to be too old for
zope.schema 3.4.

I built RPM packages for myself but thought about submitting these to
Fedora. Therefore I have an undefined set of applications possible using
zope.interface 3.0 (and relying on this version). Even if my custom
application has a very good unit test coverage, this does not help the
Fedora Project.

On the other hand if there was a commitment to a stable (downwards
compatible) API in 3.x, I think it would be much easier to get my RPMs into
Fedora.

fs