[Zope-dev] Re: [Checkins] SVN: gocept.bsquare/branches/pcardune-setup/src/ add ignores

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Mon Mar 24 18:53:18 EDT 2008

Previously Benji York wrote:
> I think people generally treat .egg-info directories like .pyc files,
> they add an entry to their ~/.subversion/config "global-ignores" (at
> least I do <wink>).

If you have custom entry points or local plugin you need to handle
.egg-info differently.

> No need to change this one, but much like ignoring .pycs, it'll save you
> a bunch of svn:ignore entries.

Unfortunately svn status ignores global-ignores, which for me is enough
reason to use svn:ignore properties everywhere. I find svn status to be
extremely useful when checking if you have not forgotten to commit
something, which happened to me more than once too often.

Wichert.