AW: [Zope-dev] Re: AW: Annoying: Download error: unknown url type: svn-- Some packages may not be found!

Adam GROSZER agroszer at gmail.com
Wed May 7 07:09:42 EDT 2008

Hello Roger,

Might be, lovely.recipe's pypi page looks like:

Author: Lovely Systems <office at lovelysystems com>
Home Page: svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/lovely.recipe
License: ZPL 2.1
Package Index Owner: batlogg

I guess the Home Page makes it crazy.

RI> Hi

>> Betreff: [Zope-dev] Re: AW: Annoying: Download error: unknown
>> url type: svn-- Some packages may not be found!

RI> [...]

>> > I have got the same error today. buildout -vvvv was not
>> sufficient so
>> > I added print output to setuptools/package_index.py and discovered
>> > this message is caused by z3c.form:
>>
>> The same happens for lovely.recipe:
>>
>> http://pypi.python.org/simple/lovely.recipe

RI> I had no time to take a closer look at that. But I guess
RI> it's the lovely.recipe which forces to return the
RI> svn-- message.

RI> Regards
RI> Roger Ineichen

>> What is considered to be good practice here?  For example
>> this is in the setup.py of grokproject:
>>
>>     url='https://launchpad.net/grok',
>>
>> download_url='svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/grokproject/trunk#
>> egg=grokproject-dev',
>>
>> Looking at the simple cheese shop page:
>>
>> http://pypi.python.org/simple/grokproject
>>
>> I see that the home page url for all released versions is the
>> launchpad url which is probably fine.  But the download url
>> is also the same for every release that I checked, namely the
>> trunk#egg, which does not look like a good idea.
>>
>> --
>> Maurits van Rees | http://maurits.vanrees.org/
>>             Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/ "This is your day,
>> don't let them take it away." [Barlow Girl]

Best regards,
 Adam GROSZER                            mailto:agroszer at gmail.com
--
Quote of the day:
People in distress will sometimes prefer a problem that is familiar to a solution that is not.