[Zope-dev] Common-Criteria certification cancelled

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Thu May 8 05:55:39 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I have to give an unfortunate update about the Common Criteria (CC) certification.

The CC project began in 2003 to certify Zope 3's security architecture under
the conditions of the Common Criteria framework.

We started out as a community effort which turned out not to be a viable
solution due to the lack of interest of volunteers and the complexity of the
problem space.

gocept restarted the efforts in 2006 and provided a security target document
which was given to review and moving pretty good actually. There were very
concrete and viable plans for 2008 to finally get the certification wrapped up
by end of may.

Unfortunately the project had to be cancelled due to the lack of interest of
the sponsoring organisation which went through a major merger. Due to that
we're stopping all activities on the certification. If interest in this should
come back at some point, we'd be happy to be part of a renewed effort.

Christian

--
gocept gmbh & co. kg - forsterstrasse 29 - 06112 halle (saale) - germany