[Zope-dev] Zope2 porting Acquisition

ranjith kannikara ranjithkannikara at gmail.com
Thu May 22 03:41:03 EDT 2008

Hello everyone,

I came across an error in module Acquisition, while trying to port
zope2 to python2.5. There was a discussion over the same topic in
JAN-2008. In acquisition the wrapper compare is returning false
irrespective of the parameters.

>>> c = A()
>>> b.c = c
>>> b.c.d = c
>>> b.c.d == c
1
>>> b.c.d == b.c
1
1

here 1)  b.c.d == c     is returning false and
        2)  b.c.d == b.c  returns 1
        3)  b.c == c        returns false
 And the problem I stuck with was that in the comparisons 1 and 3 the
function Wrapper_compare defined in _Acquisition.c is not even called.

How a function (say Wrapper_compare) from a C-API is being called on
reaching a line like  >>> b.c.d == c .