[Zope-dev] buildout and broken Cheeseshop download URLs

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Tue May 27 13:55:08 EDT 2008

On May 27, 2008, at 12:49 , Jim Fulton wrote:

> On May 27, 2008, at 1:42 PM, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> Does zc.buildout and/or the default egg recipe have any way of
>> overriding the download URL from the cheese shop if that URL is
>> broken and I cannot reach the package maintainer?
>

> You can try to use find-links to point directly to the egg you want.
>
> Which package is giving you trouble?

The package is a tarball source package:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/MySQL-python/1.2.2

The Sourceforge download URL listed on that page does not work, at
least that specific mirror does not have the file anymore. Others
still do.

I have tried to use find-links with a full URL to a suitable tarball
but it still tried  the broken URL from the cheese shop.

By the way, I also tried to provide the tarball by downloading it
directly into the "downloads" folder in the buildout but it did not
appear to look there at all.

jens