[Zope-dev] buildout and broken Cheeseshop download URLs

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue May 27 14:31:04 EDT 2008

On May 27, 2008, at 1:55 PM, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> On May 27, 2008, at 12:49 , Jim Fulton wrote:
>

>> On May 27, 2008, at 1:42 PM, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> Does zc.buildout and/or the default egg recipe have any way of
>>> overriding the download URL from the cheese shop if that URL is
>>> broken and I cannot reach the package maintainer?
>>

>> You can try to use find-links to point directly to the egg you want.
>>
>> Which package is giving you trouble?
>
> The package is a tarball source package:
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/MySQL-python/1.2.2
>
> The Sourceforge download URL listed on that page does not work, at
> least that specific mirror does not have the file anymore. Others
> still do.
>
> I have tried to use find-links with a full URL to a suitable tarball
> but it still tried  the broken URL from the cheese shop.

Darn.

> By the way, I also tried to provide the tarball by downloading it
> directly into the "downloads" folder in the buildout but it did not
> appear to look there at all.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "downloads" folder.

Did you try setting up a download cache and putting it there?  Note
that if you had a download cache named "foo", you would need to put
the tar ball in foo/dist.

I could and should add code to buildout to deal with situations like
this.  I'm not sure when that will happen. :(

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation