[Zope-dev] catalog performance: query plan

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 09:35:54 EST 2008

On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 22:29, Matt Hamilton <matth at netsight.co.uk> wrote:
> Lennart Regebro <regebro <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I would be interested in seeing a bunch of Gurus sit down at some
>> sprint and trying to come up with a catalog engine that is incremental
>> and uses query plans. There is no reason that would not be stupidly
>> fast. :) We can then make a new catalog that uses this engine but has
>> the same API as the old one, to ship with some future version of Zope,
>> say 2.12.
>
> There is the Plone Performance sprint we are hosting in Bristol, UK on the 11th
> - 14th Dec.
>
> http://plone.org/events/sprints/bristol-performance-sprint
>
> Whilst it is billed as a Plone sprint, of course much of the speedups can be
> done at the Zope level, so Zope-only developers are more than welcome :)
>
> This is exactly the kind of thing that I like hacking on personally, so would
> love to see it worked on at the sprint.

Cool. I do not have time in December though, so some other time. And
if we could get Dieter Maurer and Helge Tesdal in on this, as they has
experience and understanding of the issues that would be great. That's
probably going to take even more planning, so maybe for a future
performance sprint somewhere?

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64