[Zope-dev] PyPI mirrors available

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Thu Nov 13 12:45:56 EST 2008

Hi there,

I would like to point out that we have started the PyPI replication
project some months ago during the Blackforest sprint:

http://www.openplans.org/projects/pypi-mirroring/project-home

As an outcome we are now able to provide in phase one of the project
some mirrors of PyPI index. Currently we have three mirrors up and
running and some more mirrors will join the project soon. Right now we
provide all packages of PyPI that are directly hosted on PyPI (no
packages with external download URLs). This project should bring a lot
of ease to buildout users because PyPI is no longer a
single-point-of-failure. Currently you have to choose a PyPI mirror
manually. For the next project phase we think about a smarter mirror
selection mechanism that is more transparent to setuptools and zc.buildout.

Suggestions and further support in terms of hardware resources and
bandwidth are highly appreciated.

Credits go to Josip Delic and Gottfried Ganssauge of Haufe Mediengruppe
for their contributions to the original codebase  of z3c.pypimirror and
to Daniel Kraft of D9T for being doing most of the coding of the package.

Andreas

Web: www.zopyx.com - Email: info at zopyx.com - Phone +49 - 7071 - 793376
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, Handelsregister A 381535
Geschäftsführer/Gesellschafter: ZOPYX Limited, Birmingham, UK