[Zope-dev] Relative Imports: PEP-328

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Wed Oct 8 01:47:36 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 2:40 AM, Marius Gedminas <marius at gedmin.as> wrote:
> I'd suggest converting it to an absolute import
>
>  from zope.documenttemplate.dt_util import parse_params, name_param

So I thought at first. Except there is a problem:

Inside 'DocumentTemplate' there's another 'DocumentTemplate' module. So doing:

 'from DocumentTemplate.DT_Util import parse_params'

... tries to import DT_Util from the relative module. Then the fix is to do:

 'from __future__ import absolute_import'

... except that doesn't work on Python 2.4.

So the try: except seems to be the only way around here, unfortunately.

> or whatever the equivalent for Zope 2 is (I'm assuming it's Zope 2,
> since DT_Util is capitalized).

Another option might be to switch this to use zope.documenttemplate. :)

--
Sidnei da Silva
Fax +1 832 201 8856     Office +1 713 942 2377 Ext 214