[Zope-dev] ZCatalog caching with memcached

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Sat Oct 25 08:43:09 EDT 2008

On 25.10.2008 14:37 Uhr, Christian Theune wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2008-10-24 at 15:41 +0200, Hedley Roos wrote:
>> The product is a monkey patch to Catalog.py. I'd love some feedback and
>> suggestions.
>
> I'd love if this wouldn't be a monkey patch.
>
> Also, there is nothing that makes this integrate correctly with
> transactions. Your cache will happily deliver never-committed data and
> also it will not isolate transactions from each other.

The problem with memcached is that memcached isn't transactional. We
managed to solve this problem by implementing a cache tool (for CMF)
where where the set/get methods for the memcached participate in the
Zope transaction using a DataManager. I can provide the code if someone
should be interested.

Andreas