[Zope-dev] ZCatalog caching with memcached

Hedley Roos hedleyroos at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 08:53:48 EDT 2008

> I'd love if this wouldn't be a monkey patch.

So would I, but I couldn't find another way in this case.

> Also, there is nothing that makes this integrate correctly with
> transactions. Your cache will happily deliver never-committed data and
> also it will not isolate transactions from each other.

I patched 4 methods - clear, search, catalogObject, uncatalogObject.

Method clear is the simplest one - I simply flush the cache.

Methods catalogObject and uncatalogObject both invalidate the cache.
Should the transaction fail later the only drawback is that you threw
a few things out of the cache. They'll soon be re-entered by
subsequent searches.

Method search just inspects queries and stores results to memcache.

Can you give me an example where the cache would deliver non-committed data?