[Zope-dev] Zope 2.12 features / roadmap

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Thu Oct 30 14:52:48 EDT 2008

On 30.10.2008 19:38 Uhr, Hanno Schlichting wrote:

> So from a Plone perspective there is no demand for any soon feature
> freeze or release of Zope 2 itself. Alpha releases might come in handy
> during spring next year, but even beta versions are not going to be
> required or particular useful to us.

The problem with the alpha and beta releases in the past were basically
phases of long-term development. I know that the Zope 2 development is
pretty unorganized (things happen when they happen). We should move your
proposal somewhere to wiki.zope.org for having it as a reminder.

>> From what I know of other consumers of Zope 2, it seems Haufe doesn't
> have a need for any of the Zope 2.12 features at this point,
> but is
> using Zope 2.11 / Zope 3.4 as a development base.

There is no special need for a Zope 2.12 release from the Haufe side -
we still have to catch up :-)

Andreas