[Zope-dev] Make simple ISource usable

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Mon Sep 1 00:55:52 EDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 16:51 -0400, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 10:23:00PM +0200, Christian Zagrodnick wrote:
> > Wait. zope.schema really shouldn't know about terms. Terms are about
> > the user interface, hence title/token. That has really *nothing* to do
> > with zope.schema. For searching you don't need titles or tokens. For a
> > search *UI* you do, but that doesn't belong to zope.schema either.
>
> Are you arguing that zope.schema.Field should not have a title
> attribute?

IMHO he is not. To me that idea feels like architecture astronaucy.
However, I think we do have a couple of cases where the field's title
doesn't directly become the widget's title.

But then again, a static title that doesn't tie the schema framework to
the interaction is fine by me.

I guess there's some 80/20 rule at work here. Or at least 99/1.

Christian

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com