[Zope-dev] Make simple ISource usable

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Mon Sep 1 04:35:23 EDT 2008

Hi Christian

> Betreff: Re: [Zope-dev] Make simple ISource usable

[...]

> > The ITrems is a standard API for handle ISource, doesn't
> nmatter how
> > you will query or get our data form an ISource.
>
> This sounds like you want to implement something different
> than ITerms but that you see a structural similarity between
> what you want and what ITerms already do.
>
> I think this causes some confusion (and resistance by my
> side) right now.
>
> Can you try to phrase what you want to achieve and maybe not
> use the word 'ITerms' (for now)?

I don't like to implement something different then ITerms
defined in zope.app.form. I'm fine if we remove the request
as an adapter discriminator.

ITerms could adapt only the ISource as a single object.

The important thing is. zope.schema defines ITerm and
ITitledTokenizedTerm and offers support wihthin the
SimpleTerm for implement simple usable components
if it comes to using widgets.

A widget needs most the time a label for represent
a token and needs a HTML aware token id.

This ITerm is not a requirement for make an ISource
implementation usable. It's just one concept, but this
one is accepted and used in zope e.g. zope.app.security.

Right now ITerms defined in zope.app.form brings in
some bad dependencies to zope.app.form. e.g. in
zope.app.security and makes it impossible to use it in
z3c.form.

That's all I like to solve.

My  Fazit is,
all of you agree on the ITerms pattern and you are
using that pattern within zc.sourcefactory.

Can you explain why this ITerms interface should be
a part of a specific form framework like zope.app.form?

Regards
Roger Ienichen