[Zope-dev] Dependencies and future of zope 3

David Pratt fairwinds.dp at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 09:35:14 EDT 2008

Hi Martijn. As a side note I have found immense value in the effort to
split out the grok packages as it is has been very useful in my own
development. I have been looking for you on irc to discuss this further
to create a grokcore.traverser package and another package to abstract
grok.Model (that depends more upon grokcore.component), grok.Container
and grok.Application.

This abstraction paves the way for general usage of megrok.rdb,
megrok.rdb, and megrok.trails without the grok dependency and can bring
the general usage of the model concept into regular z3. You would not
believe how much this can reduce the volume of your package with these
things.

My preference is not to develop in grok, but at the same time these
packages are excellent as I can selectively use them to reduce
configuration and volume in my packages and not loose anything in the
process so it is very much appreciated what you have done here.