[Zope-dev] Dependencies and future of zope 3

David Pratt fairwinds.dp at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 22:54:43 EDT 2008

Roger, what you say makes good sense. I will get agreement signed and
sent and off to Jim. I am much more optimistic than I have been for a
long time. This stuff has really been bothering me since I am
concerned about efficient wsgi virtual host deployments and zope is
unnecessarily heavy.

Personally I would like to see a core zope install with a footprint of
no more that 20MB with just essential packages. I am a believer in
zope and I am encouraged by the support for change. I also realize
some of this will be disruptive but it is necessary.  A wiki page will
be helpful to communicate and get the best ideas for moving ahead.
There are a number of good folks here that understand the
circumstances so we have an excellent opportunity to act on this.