[Zope-dev] zope.component: calling an Interface and calling queryAdapter give differing results

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Sun Sep 7 15:29:59 EDT 2008

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>> Right, but how do you differentiate adapting a tuple to IBrowserPage
>> versus adapting obj and request together to IBrowserPage?
>
> You don't, I guess. I'd say that multi-adaption is *defined* as the
> adaption of a tuple.

Well no, I think Dieter suggested the correct solution here in making
the Interface's __call__ method like this:

def __call__(self,*adapted,default=None,name=None)

I can't see any problems with this, can anyone else?

If so, what blockers are there to implementing it and releasing a new
version of zope.interface?
If the gods smile nicely, I might even be able to do this work myself if
people are willing :-)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk