[Zope-dev] lxml and z3c.form strategy?

Malthe Borch mborch at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 10:12:35 EDT 2008

2008/9/16 Roger Ineichen <dev at projekt01.ch>:
> What is the reason why z3c.* packages should use z3c.pt and fallback
> to a new concept rather then stay with PageTemplate if no lxml is
> installed and z3c.pt is useless?

There seems to be some confusion here, and I understand why this has
arisen, but let me repeat what Chris also has mentioned: There's
absolutely no trace of XML left after a template is compiled (not so
for Genshi templates, but that's a different story).

The *only* reason I opted for lxml is that it seemed to provide the
best parsing functionality. However, ``xml.etree`` aka ElementTree
seems to be a good candidate, too.

> Is the fallback to xml.etree faster and then the old  stable
> PageTemplate implementation?

See above.

\malthe