[Zope-dev] zope.sqlalchemy locks up transaction

Hermann Himmelbauer dusty at qwer.tk
Fri Sep 19 04:32:34 EDT 2008

Am Donnerstag 18 September 2008 07:08:56 schrieb Dieter Maurer:
> Brian Sutherland wrote at 2008-9-17 12:33 +0200:

> >> Could you try this with latest trunk. I checked in a fix the other day
> >> that may help.
> >
> >I just checked in a fix, please feel free to comment on/revert it if
> >it's not up to standard:)
>
> It looks not yet right to clear the state in "tpc_vote" when
> a two phase commit is used (which is now supported by "SQLAlchemy").
>
> In addition, there may be a problem in case "session.close()" raises
> an exception. Then, "_finish" would not be called.

This may not be connected, but I just wanted to point out a problem with
configurations with "autoflush=False". If I change some database object
attributes in the session but do not call session.flush(), the data is not
stored into the database, as no commit() is called, which would then flush
out/commit the data.

So perhaps this is something to think about, or, at least something to be
denoted in the documentation.

I circumvented the problem by setting autoflush=True and modifying my code so
that it works (although it's quite complicated).

Best Regards,
Hermann

hermann at qwer.tk
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7