[Zope-dev] [Checkins] SVN: zope.annotation/trunk/setup.py Whitespace fixes

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Apr 2 12:05:06 EDT 2009

On Apr 1, 2009, at 5:44 PM, Jacob Holm wrote:
> If this whitespace fix is based on the current style guide,

I think so.

> I think the
> guide needs to be fixed.

Me too, but I don't think it will happen. :(

> I find the fixed version much less readable. A
> function that takes this many arguments should have an exception to
> the
> PEP 8 rule of no whitespace around the equals sign used for keyword
> arguments. I *think* a reasonable rule is that if you split the call
> over multiple lines with one argument per line, you should add single
> spaces before and after the equals sign. What does anyone else think?

I agree, but the style guide says differently.

In a previous thread, however, there seems to have been agreement that
discussions of style were religious and meaningless, so I suggest
ignoring the style guide. <0.32 wink>

I would rather people not change things like this when making
unrelated changes.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton