[Zope-dev] z3c.form - status of 1.9.0 and 2.0 (and a bug)

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 07:15:06 EDT 2009

Hi,

Today, I found a bug in ChoiceTerms: it will only bind the field if
field.vocabulary is None, which breaks uses of an IContextSourceBinder.

I thought to fix that in svn, but there's no 1.9.x branch, and 2.0
(trunk) is a very different beast.

Tracking 2.0 trunk is not an option right now. I couldn't even get Zope
to start up with 2.0 trunk, which is depending on lots of 3.5.x packages
that I can't get to work with Zope.

So, for now, I've made do with a monkey patch, but that's obviously not
ideal. So:

  - When will we see a 2.0 release? I asked that question months ago,
but I'm not sure if we're any closer?

  - What do we do with the 1.9.x line?

Cheers,
Martin