[Zope-dev] naming Zope

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Apr 8 11:40:12 EDT 2009

Hey,

Okay, in the interests of making this discussion go quickly, there has
been enough negative feedback about renaming Zope 2 to think we have no
realistic chance of renaming it.

We are still stuck with the following perceived sequence:

Zope 2, Zope 3

which implies that people should want to upgrade.

How to get out of that bind? We could consider renaming Zope 3. Is there
any potential for this?

I'll note that I don't think there's as much at risk here:

Zope 2, Zope 3, Zope Framework.

This isn't a progression that people want to upgrade to either, but it
may give the wrong impression.

If we don't call Zope Framework "4.0", we'll be fine. We should call its
first release 1.0 and there's no implication of a progression.

Regards,

Martijn