[Zope-dev] possible split of zope.app.generations to zope.generations

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Apr 9 16:41:18 EDT 2009

Hey Lacko,

Lacko Roman wrote:
> Now when zope refactoring is in progress, would it be possible to
> refactor zope.app.generations package so there would be for example
> package zope.generations that would depend only on ZODB3 package ?
>
> I'm using zope.app.generations to upgrade the DB schema in my web
> project, and in future I want to use ZODB3 in my desktop-only
> projects.

I'm +1 on such a project. (though I suspect the zope.interface dependeny
and the zope.component dependency will also still stay, right?)

Important is to leave zope.app.generations in place and make it depend
on zope.generations for much of its functionality.

The challenge will be to refactor the tests (README.txt) so it doesn't
depend on things like zope.app.testing anymore.

Do you have checkin rights into svn.zope.org? If not, please read this:

http://www.zope.org/DevHome/Subversion/ImpatientPeoplesGuideToRequestingCommitPrivileges

Feel free to cc me and list me as the existing contributor that vouches
for you.

Regards,

Martijn