[Zope-dev] naming Zope

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Thu Apr 9 16:49:47 EDT 2009

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> If nobody volunteers to do this (feel free to organize more volunteers),
> we'll stick with Zope Framework.
>
> Let me know if you're going to do this and when you're done.

FWIW, I think this particular pile of libraries is in fact best
described by the name "framework", because the code we're discussing
often calls user code rather than the other way around.  For example,
looking up and using an adapter is deep in framework territory.

The name framework has earned a bad name just because there are so many
bad frameworks out there, but there are plenty of good ones too.  Good
frameworks use library-like patterns where possible, falling back to
carefully designed framework-like patterns.  Zope Framework will be one
of the best frameworks.

Shane